Saturday, October 21, 2017

Merry Patterns Candles


Playing with Merry Patterns stamp set the other day.  Then real life came to interrupt, don't you just love how when you are having so much fun it decides to interrupt.
Anyway, I did this yesterday made a hugh boo-boo on the sentiment and I had this little stiched shape that was to be for something else and used it to cover my boo-boo LOL
Yes I am telling on myself.  After spending all that time on the candles I was not letting that one go!

Whisper White Card Stock cut in half to 4 1/4 X 11
Score in the middle at 5 1/2
Cut an addition piece of Whisper White Card Stock 4 X 5 1/4

I cut both the front of the card and the extra Whisper White card stock at the same time using the largest Stitched Shapes Square.  On the Big shot I use the Multipurpose platform to cut both windows at the same time. (save the stitched squares for another project)
Take your time and center for this I used washi tape to tape papers and framelit to paper.

After cutting both pieces of paper I set aside the 4 X 5 1/4

With a very light pencil I gave myself the edge of the window square so I would know where to stamp.
With the outline of the candle I stamped in Chocolate Chip
Then I made a mask out of post it note to cover the Candles fussy cut to fit and 
with Emerald Envy I used the bough stamp to add the greenery
Save your mask for another time.  Just put it in with the stamps, easy to find again.
There are 2 stamps in Merry Patterns to fill in the candles
I just used Cherry Cobbler and Emerald Envy
There is a stamp to color in the flames I used Daffodil Delight.
Then I took the sentiment from Hearts Come Home Stamp Set using Cherry Cobbler.
After making sure the ink was really dry I erased my pencil marks.  I use a Pink Eraser (tip I learned today it will also take glue off too and yep it really really works on glue) 
Tip is from Lisa at Lisa's Stamp Studio
Use any baker's twine you have I happen to have Cherry Cobbler that I got off the Clearance Rack, it is not there anymore sorry.
I wrapped it 3 time and tied a knot before tying my bow.  Spread the twine any way that suits you.  Trim ends and my last touch was to use Wink of Stella on the flames.  You can't see it in the photo but it gives it just a hint on sparkle.
 With the extra piece of Whisper White I lined up the square and glued it down with your favorite adhesive.  this will keep the bakers twine in place

If you have any question please don't hesitate to contact me at
craftingwithbecki@gmail.com




  


       













No comments:

Post a Comment